About Studying MBBS in Ukraine
Over the years, Ukraine has become quite a popular country as a destination for studying MBBS by students from all across the globe. Not only Indian students, but Ukraine has successfully attracted foreign students as well over these years, and the numbers are increasing with each passing year. Students from countries like Germany, Georgia, Poland, Romania, and Russia migrate to Ukraine to pursue better career prospects. The country is popular because of several factors like:
- Amazing climatic conditions
- Excellent social infrastructure
- Cost-effective living and educational fee structure
- Better employment prospects after course completion
- Most of the Universities of Ukraine are either recognized by MCI or WHO.
- Some universities are even recognized by international bodies such as ECFMG as well as FAIMER.
- After students complete their MBBS course in Ukraine, they also receive opportunities to even study post-graduate courses from a country like the USA.
- Ukraine is known as a very pleasant and well-planned country that has a population of around 42.5 million people. Its capital city is Kyiv and the official language of the people is Ukrainian.
- International students need not worry about communication or the language, as the colleges and Universities of the country prefer Ukrainian, English, and Russian as the medium of instruction.
Highlights of MBBS course in Ukraine:
|Degree offered in Ukrain||MD (equivalent to MBBS)|
|Course duration||6 (six) years|
|Eligibility of the course||50% marks in PCB & NEED qualified|
|Tuition charges (approx..)||3500 USD to 5000 USD/year|
|Hostel charges (approx..)||450 USD to 1000 USD/year|
|Minimum Qualifying (%)||50% in 10+2 (UR); 45% (SC/OBC/ST)|
|Course Recognition||MCI & WHO|
|Teaching Medium||English, Russian|
|Admission Starts in||August-September|
Why students prefer Ukraine for higher medical education?
Ukraine has been a popular choice for higher education, especially MBBS, because of the following reasons:
- The country offers the most competitive and quality education as compared to other nations.
- Tuition fees are comparatively lower and quite affordable for students across the globe to pursue any course in universities in Ukraine.
- The country’s government provides financial aid to the Universities for improving Education as well as research fields.
- There is no need for students to pay donations for admission in MBBS as it is a prevalent norm in other countries.
- The Medical colleges, as well as labs, have excellent infrastructure with required amenities for the students.
- Besides studies, students are also encouraged to participate in various extracurricular activities that occur within college campuses.
- The Universities are recognized by MCI, WHO and UNESCO.
- Accommodation as well as establishment cost in Ukraine is quite inexpensive and can be affordable by all.
- The colleges and universities have excellent faculties and professors who are the backbone of the educational institutes. They are all highly educated and experienced with degrees from top international countries.
Top Medical Universities in Ukraine
Some of the top medical universities in Ukraine that have significantly delivered top-notch educational facilities to students from all across the globe are:
- Kyiv Medical University
- V.N Karazin Kharkiv National University
- Bukovinian State Medical University
- Kharkiv National Medical University
- Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University
- Ternopil State Medical University
- Bogomolets National Medical University
- Lviv National Medical University
- Lugansk State Medical University
- Black Sea National University
- Vinnytsia National Medical University
- Sumy State University
Recognition of Ukrainian Medical College
Before applying for any MBBS course in Ukraine or any foreign country, a student or a guardian needs to go through the college affiliation and recognition along with other affiliating aspects before deciding for the best MBBS universities in Ukraine.
The following table represents the affiliations of all medical colleges in Ukraine:
- Ministry of Education, Ukraine.
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- World Federation for Medical Education (WFME)
- The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
Medical Courses Offered by the Ukraine Universities:
- The duration of the MBBS course in Ukraine is six years.
- Nursing- the duration of this course is for 3 to 4 years.
- General Medicine- To getting a medical degree, one has to study for six years.
- Paediatrics- The course of paediatrics is for six years; as general medicine.
- BDS- For getting the dentistry degree, one has to study for 5 years.
- Pharmacy– The bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy is for 5 years.
- Prosthodontics– It is a full 2 years program.
The post-graduate training course in Ukraine includes the following aspects:
- Master and PhD course
- Clinical Research
- Post diploma and specialization for doctors.
All students who study in Ukraine universities are provided excellent accommodation facilities.
Entrance Exams required for pursuing MBBS in Ukraine:
For getting admission in medical universities in Ukraine, medical students are just required to have a score in the NEET examination.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Admission in Ukraine:
The admission process in Ukraine universities, particularly in medical institutes, is quite easy and hassle-free. The applicants need not take any examination such as TOEFL or IELTS. For seeking admission in MBBS in Ukraine , an applicant must fulfil the following criteria:
- The applicant must be of the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The applicant is required to score a minimum of 50% marks in their 12th standards from Science stream (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in ISC/CBSE or any other Equivalent Board of Examination.
- According to the latest notification issued by MCI in line with the decision of the Delhi High Court, applicants willing to enroll in Foreign Medical Universities in 2021, and did not qualify / register / appear in NEET - 2021; must produce an Eligibility Certificate issued by Medical Council of India at the time of admission to Foreign Medical Universities.
Fee Structure in MBBS Courses in Universities of Ukraine
The education system in Ukraine is so built that it aims at offering a quality of education facilities to students across the world and to do so, the government emphasizes keeping the fee structure quite simple and affordable. The medical universities in the country are known for offering medical courses such as nursing, pharmacy, MBBS, etc. at highly affordable prices. The tuition fee in most of the colleges and universities of Ukraine is low as compared to that of any other country. This is another important reason for which students prefer studying MBBS in Ukraine. With a minimum fee, they get the required knowledge, training, and experience from the top-notch universities of the country. The following table represents the fee structure of some of the top medical universities in Ukraine:
|Name of the University||Tuition Fee (approx.) / Year||Hostel Fees (approx.) / Year|
|Bukovinian State Medical University||3900 USD||400 USD|
|Kharkiv National Medical University||4800 USD||800 USD|
|Kyiv Medical University of UAFM, Kyiv||5200 USD||1500 USD|
|Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University||4200 USD||500 USD|
|Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University||4500 USD||780 USD|
|I.Horbachevsky Ternopil State Medical University||4100 USD||800 USD|
|V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University||4800 USD||800 USD|
|National Pirogov Memorial Medical University, Vinnytsya||4400 USD||700 USD|
|O.O. Bogomolets National Medical University||6500 USD||1000 USD|
|Petro Mohyla Black Sea National University, Ukraine||3700 USD||900 USD|
|Sumy State University, Sumy||5150 USD||1000 USD|
|Ukrainian Medical Stomatological Academy Poltava, Ukraine||4000 USD||600 USD|
|Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy||3500 USD||900 USD|
|Uzhhorod National University, Ukraine||3800 USD||850 USD|
|Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv||4500 USD||800 USD|
|Zaporizhzhia State Medical University||5300 USD||1000 USD|
Please Note: The above-mentioned MBBS fee structure is approximate and may be scheduled to change.
Admission Procedure in Ukraine Colleges
The admission process in Ukraine colleges and universities is quite easy and hassle-free. The applicants are only required to have a NEET score to seek admission in any of the colleges. The medical council has kept the norm that way to attract more and more students from all across the world to be a part of the country and pursue higher studies. Also, the Ukraine Government is quite keen on enhancing and developing the medical education system in the country. The medical universities in the country receive constant financial and administrative support from the Ukraine government to maintain the high standard and quality of education. The country has become one of the most preferable destinations over recent years for aspiring students who wish to pursue MBBS degree in abroad universities.
- All students who are willing to study MBBS in Ukraine need to fill up and submit an online form that is available on the website.
- A minimum application fee is to be paid online while submitting the application form.
- An offer letter or a seat confirmation letter is sent to the applicant from the college or the university for MBBS course.
- After receiving the offer letter, a certain time is allotted to students for paying the fees of the first semester.
- After the payment of the first-semester course is done, the student can apply for the student visa.
- Once the student visa is received, the student can travel to Ukraine for regular classes.
Some of the advantages of studying MBBS in Ukraine are listed below:
Some of the advantages of studying MBBS in Ukraine are listed below:
Advantages of studying in Ukraine
- No Entrance test is required to study in Medical universities of Ukraine; only NEET Qualification is enough
- No capitalization fee is required
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted in those institutions which are recognized by the medical council of India for screening test conducted by MCI.
- The MBBS degree that students get from Ukrainian medical colleges are globally renowned and hold great worth.
- Students become eligible for working in government hospitals after completing their MBBS course.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practise due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Ukrainian MBBS courses follow the mode of the English language as it is one of the most spoken languages in the world.
- Medical colleges in Ukraine are acknowledged by elite bodies like WHO and MCI.
- Tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Hospitals in Ukraine offer practical training to medical students.
- Colleges in Ukraine don’t ask for any kind of donation at the time of admission.
- Cost of living for students is quite low.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Ukraine offer great academics, as well as sports.
Disadvantages of studying in Ukraine
- The communication barrier can be felt by students as most of the people speak either Ukrainian or Russian. In colleges, the English language is one of the medium though.
- The process of getting a visa for Ukraine is tedious and takes a very long time even after documents are submitted to the concern embassy.
- Those students who wish to study as well as work simultaneously to manage their expenses may face difficulties since it would demand a lot of self-study and concentration.
Documents Required for Studying in Ukraine:
Students are required to maintain these following documents before applying for colleges or universities in Ukraine:
- Passport with minimum 18 months validity
- Birth Certificate.
- 10th Certificate and Mark sheet.
- 12th Certificate and Mark sheet.
- 10 passport size Photographs
- For Indian students, authorization of all documents from the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi is required
- For students from European countries, they have their own set of rules and regulations
- Official Invitation letter from the Medical University of Ukraine.
- Legalization of all documents from the Ukrainian Embassy.
- Visa processing fees.
- Bank receipt of University 1st year Tuition fee (required for some Universities).
- Medical certificate and documents.
Accommodation for MBBS students in Ukraine:
- All international students are allotted hostels in the colleges and universities in Ukraine
- In colleges where there are no hostel facilities, students are required to rent home-stays or small apartments to stay.
- Every hostel has internet and laundry facilities for students
- These hostels are safe and secured for all students as they are kept under strict surveillance all the time
Responsibilities of Universities for Foreign Students Studying MBBS In Ukraine
The country has adequate facilities for all its international students. They arrange for effective training sessions for foreign citizens at various college departments of the universities. The trainers are highly experienced and educated who take sessions of the students regularly. Most of the classrooms are well-equipped and the overall educational infrastructure is good in every Ukraine college. The colleges have strict regulations that are required to be followed by every student, local and internal students.
Students studying in some of the top medical universities of Ukraine often receive practical skills and exposure at the clinical departments of the University, that are based in various medical departments of cities and the Universities’ Clinic in the country. The students pursuing MBBS or other medical education are given practical training sessions where they are required to deal with causes of diseases, their signs and symptoms, classic as well as modern principles of laboratory and instrumental diagnostics, medical and procedural methods of treatment. Students studying MBBS in Ukraine’s top universities possess a unique chance of communicating with various patients and also use this acquired training as well as knowledge and skills in practice, and while studying surgical specialties for observing medical interventions.
MBBS In Ukraine – A Better Prospects for Indian Students
Ukraine for Indian Students is one of the top countries to study MBBS. They have good prospects by studying MBBS in Ukraine as this will have much relevance when they return to India as well. Indian students perceive medical degree as one of the most prestigious as well as worldwide recognized degrees. However, it has been observed that the Indian students often take the back seat because of the fee structuring of various colleges and also that of the need for a NEET score. These two reasons often led them to drop the idea of pursuing a medical course in Ukraine.
It is important to note all those students, be Indian or Asian or from other European countries, who pursue MBBS in Ukraine are given direct admission right after their 12th board examinations based on subjects as well as marks. The Indian students are only required to go through the MCI screening test to become a certified medical practitioner in India. After completing MBBS in Ukraine or any other degree like MD, MS or dentistry, students can suitably apply in a hospital or can also start own clinic anywhere in the world. Studying MBBS in European countries is the best choice for medical students as the courses are quite inexpensive. Besides, the standard of living, cost of establishment and accommodation in Ukraine is quite low as compared to other nations but without quality compromise.